Schedule of Shows
Saturday, July 20, 2019; Twisted Dune Golf Club in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
For the first time since 1951 the Open Championship is being staged in Ireland. The excitement all week has been exhilarating.
And there can be no better way to add to the excitement than to do a live broadcast from the area’s living tribute to Irish Golf – Twisted Dune Golf Club. One look from the clubhouse transports the mind to Ireland … even if the body is still at the Jersey Shore.
Club manager Jim Endres will be along as co-host for the show.
In our month Putting Corner, Dave Hamilton of the Putting Arc will talk about putting the twisting, undulated greens of the latest British Open venue – Royal Portrush.
Finally, analysis of the competition will come from our favorite golf writer, Mike Kern, who has covered so many Open Championships.
It should be a good week on the linksland. Let the wind blow.
Upcoming Schedule, Remotes and Events
- July 27 – Recorded Friday, July 26 during a Happy Hour Party at Morgan Hill GC in Easton, PA
- August 3 – Brigantine Golf Links in Brigantine, NJ
- August 10 – Westover GC in Jeffersonville, PA
- August 17 – Blue Heron Pines GC in Egg Harbor City, NJ
- August 24 – World Amateur Handicap Championship Preview Show from Myrtle Beach, SC
- August 31 – World Amateur Handicap Championship Wrap-Up Show from Myrtle Beach, SC
Contact show host Tony Leodora at tony.leodora@TL-golfservices.com.
During winter months we have an exciting indoor site for live remote broadcasts of GolfTalk Live. Play-a-Round Golf, the indoor golf facility on Lancaster Pike in Malvern will be our warm home many weeks from November through March.
Charity Outings and Events
- Monday, August 12 – A county-wide alert has been sent for the 3rd Annual Sherriff’s Office Scholarship Fund Golf Outing at Blue Bell CC. The scholarship supports students in degree programs at Montgomery County Community College. The day includes lunch, golf, cart, cocktails, dinner and prizes. For more information call Dina Severini at 484-679-8151.
- Monday, September 16 – The 27th Jay Sigel Invitational, to benefit the Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania returns to Aronimink GC. For more information, call event director Jackie Adamczyk at 610-902-1790 or e-mail her at Jackie.email@example.com. Also, more information can be found at the website, www.jaysigel.com
- Monday, October 14 – The 16th Annual Columbus Cup Outing, hosted by the Americans of Italian Heritage Council, will be held at Bellewood Country Club. The full day of Italian food, music, golf, bocce and wine is an annually sold out event. For more information, call 610-721-8186.
- Monday, October 21 – Northampton Valley Country Club will host the Police Chiefs Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania Golf Outing. The $155 fee covers golf, cart, prizes, refreshments and dinner. Register by going to southeastchiefs.eventbrite.com.
Listeners are encouraged to send information about their charity tournaments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNTP, a 50,000 watt station, is a leader in the Greater Philadelphia market and features newstalk during the day and sports programming at night, such as Penn State football and basketball, St. Joseph’s University basketball and University of Pennsylvania football. GolfTalk Live also is syndicated on WOND 1400-AM in Atlantic City and on three stations in the Lehigh Valley – ESPN 1160-AM, 1230-AM and 1320-AM.