Schedule of Shows
Saturday, May 18, 2019; from Spring-Ford CC in Royersford, PA
Recorded Friday May 17th from 5 to 6pm – airs regular times Saturday May 18th
The local golf season is in full swing and you won’t find a much busier private club in the area than Spring-Ford CC in Royersford. Plenty of golf being played every day … plenty of activities and events throughout the week.
Our GolfTalk Live Happy Hour Party will be co-hosted by head golf professional Rich Steinmetz.
For many years, one of the top players in the Philadelphia Section PGA, Steinmetz also has stepped onto the national stage a few times – competing in major championships. With the PGA Championship at Bethpage Black on the schedule this week, his comments about a club pro competing in a major championship should be quite interesting.
In our monthly Putting Corner segment, Dave Hamilton of the Putting Arc will tell us how some of the pros have prepared to take on the demonic greens at Bethpage Black.
Looking ahead to the following week, another national golf event is on tap – for the business side of the industry. The annual International Network of Golf Spring Conference will take place in Sebring, Florida. Reinhard Haubner, the entertaining general manager of the Seven Sebring Raceway Hotel – which hosts the event – will be on hand to tell us what he has in store for the visiting business and media members.
Finally, we will spend some time with the officers and members from Spring-Ford CC, who share the excitement of the golf season that is just hitting high gear.
Upcoming Schedule, Remotes and Events
- May 25 – Seven Sebring Raceway Hotel, Sebring Florida
- June 1 – LPGA Symetra Tour’s Valley Forge Invitational from Raven’s Claw GC
- June 8 – A very special GolfTalk Live show will be dedicated to the art (and need) of properly renovating a golf course. Three renowned golf course architects – Ron Garl, Rees Jones and Ed Shearon – will be with us to explain this increasingly important trend in American golf.
- June 15 – Seaview Resort
- June 22 – Scotland Run, recorded at a very lively Happy Hour party on Friday, June 21
- June 29 – The Happy Hour parties continue on Friday, June 28 at Ballamor GC
Contact show host Tony Leodora at tony.leodora@TL-golfservices.com.
During winter months we have an exciting indoor site for live remote broadcasts of GolfTalk Live. Play-a-Round Golf, the indoor golf facility on Lancaster Pike in Malvern will be our warm home many weeks from November through March.
Charity Outings and Events
- Monday, May 20 – The 11th annual Susan Fazio Foundation Golf Outing will take place at North Hills CC. The $350 fee covers lunch, golf, cart, tee gift, on-course refreshments, cocktail reception, dinner and prizes. To register, contact Chris Fazio at 215-922-2048, firstname.lastname@example.org; Charlie Haub 610-945-1099, email@example.com; Andrew Coll 610-636-6622, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Matthew Hopper 267-441-1900, email@example.com.
- Monday, May 20 – Metedeconk National Golf Club will host Operation Armed Foursome, a day in which 100 percent of the proceeds benefits the men and women of our Armed Forces, stationed throughout New Jersey, and their families. A $3,000 fee covers three players in the event who will be paired with a member of the military as the fourth player. Contact Emily Novellino at 736-996-0232, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GIVING HOPE NETWORK — JUNE GOLF OUTING
WHAT: GHN & CSCCNJ “9th Annual Spring Golf Outing”
DATE: Monday, June 17, 2019
WHERE: Royce Brook Golf Club, 201 Hamilton Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
Giving Hope Network partners with Cancer Support Community of Central NJ to once again raise funds for Orphans, Youth, Autism, and Cancer initiatives. The outing, generously sponsored by JLL, features play on 2 courses, along with a cocktail reception, live music, an auction, and prizes.
Tickets are $500 per golfer. A limited number of corporate sponsorships are also available.
To register, please visit: http://givinghopenetwork.org/2019-golf-outing/.
To inquire about a sponsorship, please send an email to email@example.com
- Saturday, August 10, 2019 – 3rd Annual Golf Fore Recovery Golf Outing scheduled for August 10th, 2019 at 1 p.m. This has become the premier event to be part of in the area, year in and year out because of all the generous support and prize donations we receive. Each golfer gets a welcome bag full of the golf attire, shirts, balls, tees, water bottles, etc. The award prizes are always bountiful as well. Contact Kyle Ruane at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, October 14 – The 16th Annual Columbus Cup Outing, hosted by the Americans of Italian Heritage Council, will be held at Bellewood Country Club. The full day of Italian food, music, golf, bocce and wine is an annually sold out event. For more information, call 610-721-8186
Listeners are encouraged to send information about their charity tournaments to: email@example.com.
WNTP, a 50,000 watt station, is a leader in the Greater Philadelphia market and features newstalk during the day and sports programming at night, such as Penn State football and basketball, St. Joseph’s University basketball and University of Pennsylvania football. GolfTalk Live also is syndicated on WOND 1400-AM in Atlantic City and on three stations in the Lehigh Valley – ESPN 1160-AM, 1230-AM and 1320-AM.