Schedule of Shows
Saturday, September 21, 2019; Tun Tavern at the Sheraton Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey
Recorded Thursday, September 19 from 5 to 6 p.m.
This weekend officially is the end of Summer.
That is a sad sentence … especially at the Jersey Shore. But GolfTalk Live will not let the season get away without one last blast. It is our annual season-ender from the Tun Tavern at the Sheraton Atlantic City.
This great restaurant, across the street from the famed Outlet Center and just down the street from the boardwalk and casinos, always provides one of the liveliest venues of the year for our show.
Carla Caulk, sales manager for the Sheraton Atlantic City, will be on board as our co-host. Our favorite golf writer, Mike Kern, will spend time with us to review a number of topics – the Solheim Cup, Fall Golf at the Jersey Shore and Tiger as playing captain in the President’s Cup, to name a few.
In our monthly Putting Corner segment, Dave Hamilton of Putting Arc fame will be with us to talk about the recent successes of some longtime Putting Arc users.
In a very special segment we will be joined by Allen DePuy, vice president of Golf and Leisure Properties – a national golf course brokerage firm. His very special view of the golf industry is extremely interesting.
Upcoming Schedule, Remotes and Events
- September 28 – Recorded 5:30 p.m. Thursday, September 26 from Raven’s Claw GC
- October 5 – TBA
- October 12 – Indian Valley Country Club, recorded during Happy Hour on Friday, October 11
- October 19 – French Lick Resort in French Lick, Indiana
- October 26 – Reynolds on Lake Oconee in Georgia for the grand re-opening of Great Waters, the heralded Jack-Nicklaus-designed golf course. And the architect will be there!
- November 2 – The season-opener of the GolfTalk Live Winter Invitational Series from Play-a-Round Golf on Lancaster Pike in Malvern.
- November 9 – Tarpon Woods GC in Palm Harbor, Florida for the Jan Stephenson Foundation Celebrity Tournament
- November 16 – Kick off the Holiday shopping season with a special Happy Hour show from Black Cat Cigars on Germantown Pike in East Norriton, recorded 5 p.m. on Friday, November 15. Plenty of refreshments and prizes.
- November 23 – A special Golf and Basketball edition of GolfTalk Live from the Myrtle Beach Invitational college basketball tournament.
- November 30 – A Thanksgiving Weekend tradition with another show from Play-a-Round Golf – this time on Greenfield Ave. in Ardmore – and another Saturday of competition in the GolfTalk Live Winter Invitational Series.
- December 7 – Amelia Island, Florida
- December 14 – Play-a-Round Golf on Lancaster Pike in Malvern
- December 21 – The Annual Christmas and Holiday Special, during Happy Hour Friday, December 20, from Black Cat Cigars on Germantown Pike in East Norriton. Plenty of Holiday cheer!
- December 28 – The annual Producers’ Revenge Show, starring Eddie Caiazzo and Joe Harnett.
Contact show host Tony Leodora at tony.leodora@TL-golfservices.com.
During winter months we have an exciting indoor site for live remote broadcasts of GolfTalk Live. Play-a-Round Golf, the indoor golf facility on Lancaster Pike in Malvern will be our warm home many weeks from November through March.
Charity Outings and Events
- Monday, September 23 – Bellewood Country Club will host the 5th Annual A Baby’s Breath Golf Outing, which benefits A Baby’s Breath Independence Program. The organization is dedicated to pregnancy counseling and “helping mothers see their baby take his/her first breath.” The $175 fee included lunch, golf, cart, cocktails, awards dinner and prizes. For questions please contact John Baldassari at ABBGolfOuting@gmail.com.
- Tuesday, September 24 – The 1912 Club (formerly Plymouth CC) will host the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing. The $200 fee covers breakfast, golf, cart, lunch, refreshments and prizes. For information, call 610-265-1776.
- Tuesday, September 24 – Lookaway Golf Club, the spectacular Rees Jones-designed golf course in Bucks County, will host the 9th Annual Golf Outing benefitting the fight against childhood brain cancer. The Matthew Renk Foundation is named after the son of Lookaway superintendent David Renk, who died at age 15 after a battle with the disease. This outing is a rare chance to play one of the heralded private clubs in the region. For more information, call 215-794-5727.
- Monday, October 14 – The 16th Annual Columbus Cup Outing, hosted by the Americans of Italian Heritage Council, will be held at Bellewood Country Club. The full day of Italian food, music, golf, bocce and wine is an annually sold out event. For more information, call 610-721-8186.
- Monday, October 21 – Northampton Valley Country Club will host the Police Chiefs Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania Golf Outing. The $155 fee covers golf, cart, prizes, refreshments and dinner. Register by going to southeastchiefs.eventbrite.com.
Listeners are encouraged to send information about their charity tournaments to: email@example.com.
WNTP, a 50,000 watt station, is a leader in the Greater Philadelphia market and features newstalk during the day and sports programming at night, such as Penn State football and basketball, St. Joseph’s University basketball and University of Pennsylvania football. GolfTalk Live also is syndicated on WOND 1400-AM in Atlantic City and on three stations in the Lehigh Valley – ESPN 1160-AM, 1230-AM and 1320-AM.