Schedule of Shows
Saturday, September 15, 2018; Valley View Golf, West Chester Pike in Newtown Square, PA
Special Happy Hour Show – Recorded on Thursday September 13th
Golf facilities – golf courses and driving ranges — keep disappearing at a startling pace. So it is big news when a new one opens … or an old one is rescued and given a new lease on life.
That is exactly what has happened at Valley View Golf. Under the watchful eye of Pam Mariani (formerly Edgmont CC), the facility has undergone an energetic rebirth. Remodeling, new golf balls, new customer loyalty programs have brought life back to a golf facility that was always in one of the most convenient locations in the Delaware Valley.
The father-son Segui superintendent team will be on hand to tell what it was like to perform CPR on the old driving range.
Inquirer golf writer Joe Juliano will make a stop to recap the week of action in the BMW Championship at Aronimink GC.
GolfTalk Live will celebrate the new energy at Valley View Golf with a special Happy Hour edition of the weekly radio show on Thursday, September 13. The crew will be on property from 5 to 7 p.m. and the show will air at the regular times on Saturday, September 15.
To add to the fun, the GolfTalk Live prize wagon will be in place … with prizes for all who visit during the show.
This week’s show will feature a Product of the Month interview with the folks from Kentwool Socks – the best Made in America golf socks on the market.
Upcoming Schedule, Remotes and Events
- September 22 – recorded Friday night, September 21, during a Happy Hour party (5 to 7) at the Tun Tavern, adjacent to the Sheraton Atlantic City.
- September 29 – Chateau Elan Winery and Resort in Braselton, Georgia.
- October 6 – TBA
- October 13 – TBA
- October 20 – TBA
- October 27 – Aiken, South Carolina
- November 3 – TBA
- November 10 – TBA
- November 17 – Mesquite, Nevada
Contact show host Tony Leodora at tony.leodora@TL-golfservices.com.
During winter months we have an exciting indoor site for live remote broadcasts of GolfTalk Live. Play-a-Round Golf, the indoor golf facility on Lancaster Pike in Malvern will be our warm home many weeks from November through March.
Charity Outings and Events
Auctions for a Cause
Auctions for a Cause is a Skippack-based company that has a primary focus of helping charities to increase their revenue at a function.
For more details, go to www.auctionsforacause.com.
- September 15 – The annual Fairmount Fire Company Golf Outing. This is a great opportunity to advertise yourselves in a high traffic arena such as Pinecrest Country Club, sponsoring a public service organization fundraising event. Proceeds go to the continuing efforts of the Fairmount Fire Company, Lansdale’s 100% Volunteer Fire Service since 1889. Forms can be filled out and returned in person or mailed to the Firehouse. Call 215-368-7909.
- October 1 – The Annual Phil-Hanna Fund Golf Outing, in memory of Philomena Mariani and Hanna Ruza, will be held at Hershey’s Mill GC. Proceeds benefit a scholarship for women in the Field of Nursing at Delaware County Community College. Format is a four-person scramble. The $140 fee covers lunch, tee gift, golf, cart, on-course beverages, hors d’oeuvres and buffet dinner. To register, call 484-947-2971 or 215-669-5661, or e-mail Pam Mariani at email@example.com.
- October 4 – The 3rd annual NODC Golf Outing, to aid in the fight against Disorders of the Corpus Callosum, a disorder of the brain. The event is hosted by Linda Simpkins and her family. Linda is a longtime veteran of the South Jersey golf industry. The event is being held at Ron Jaworski’s Blue Heron Pines. The $110 fee covers commemorative t-shirt, golf, cart, prizes, refreshments and buffet dinner. Contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-965-1800 ext. 3.
- October 8 – The 15th Annual Columbus Cup Golf Outing and Bocce Tournament will take place again at Bellewood CC. The event is run by the Americans of Italian Heritage Council and features a full day of Italian music, food, wine, bocce … all wrapped around a bit of golf. Call 610-279-9220 for details.
- October 8 – The 26th Annual Jay Sigel Invitational, benefitting the Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, will take place at Aronimink Golf Club. Special guest is former PGA Tour player and television golf broadcaster Gary Koch. For more information, contact Jackie Adamczyk at 610-902-1790 or e-mail Jackie.email@example.com.
Listeners are encouraged to send information about their charity tournaments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNTP, a 50,000 watt station, is a leader in the Greater Philadelphia market and features newstalk during the day and sports programming at night, such as Penn State football and basketball, St. Joseph’s University basketball and University of Pennsylvania football. GolfTalk Live also is syndicated on WOND 1400-AM in Atlantic City and on three stations in the Lehigh Valley – ESPN 1160-AM, 1230-AM and 1320-AM.