Schedule of Shows
Saturday, July 14, 2018; Harbor Pines GC in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Recorded between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11th
Always looking to enrich the lives of golfers in the area, GolfTalk Live is doing a special Humpday broadcast party at the Jersey Shore – Harbor Pines GC in Egg Harbor Township on Wednesday, July 11 – 5 to 7 p.m.
There will be plenty to talk about … as the Jersey Shore summer is in full swing … and so is the golf season.
Mark Parsons, teaching professional at Harbor Pines, will be our co-host and special guest. He will talk about what is on tap at the club this summer.
Looking ahead to next week’s Open Championship at Carnoustie, we call on our regular Major Championship expert – Jim Stracka from StrackaLine, the premier green reading system. His interesting view of Major Championship course setups – and the different conditions created on the greens – will serve as a great preview.
In our Product of the Month segment, we interview Wes Wittingham, VP of Sales for Volvik. Colored golf balls have been a big part of Volvik’s development for years but the new matte-finish golf balls provide a totally new look.
The GolfTalk Live “Humpday” Party should present a nice midweek break for members and guests at Harbor Pines … and provide a good show for our weekend listening audiences.
Upcoming Schedule, Remotes and Events
- July 21 – More Jersey Shore, more Happy Hour activity. Ballamor GC in Egg Harbor Township is the site of this Friday, July 20 recording. This is the first visit by GolfTalk Live to Ballamor.
- July 28 – The 17th Montgomery County Amateur Championship gets underway with the Individual Handicap Championship from Westover GC in Jeffersonville. Head golf professional Paul Galczyk will be on hand to preview the weekend’s Handicap Division competitions … leading up to the Championship Divisions at Blue Bell CC on Thursday, August 2 and the Junior Championship at The 1912 Club on Friday, August 3.
- August 4 – It’s the annual Par-Tee at Morgan Hill, when GolfTalk Live rolls out the rockin’-est golf outing of the year – with music, prizes and plenty of great food and refreshments. The event benefits the Wounded Warriors charity and the golf action gets under way immediately after the end of the radio show at 8:30 a.m. Call 610-923-8480.
Contact show host Tony Leodora at tony.leodora@TL-golfservices.com.
During winter months we have an exciting indoor site for live remote broadcasts of GolfTalk Live. Play-a-Round Golf, the indoor golf facility on Lancaster Pike in Malvern will be our warm home many weeks from November through March.
Charity Outings and Events
Auctions for a Cause
Auctions for a Cause is a Skippack-based company that has a primary focus of helping charities to increase their revenue at a function.
For more details, go to www.auctionsforacause.com.
- July 16 – Philadelphia Cricket Club will host the Els for Autism Golf Challenge, hosted by Ernie Els. The $1,000 fee covers breakfast, premier goodie bag, golf, cocktail reception, dinner and prizes. Register on the website at www.elsforautism.org or call 561-320-9531.
- August 4 – Par-Tee at Morgan Hill returns to Morgan Hill GC in Easton for another rock-and-roll day of golf. The 8:30 shotgun start begins a day of golf, music and great food. The event benefits the Wounded Warrior Fund. For more details, call the pro shop at 610-923-8480.
- August 11 – The 2nd Annual Golf Fore Recovery Golf Outing comes to Mainland GC in Harleysville. This laid-back, fun competitive day of golf benefits the local charity, Our Primary Purpose, which helps to raise awareness, support and educate about the addictions crisis. The fee for the four-person scramble is $110 and includes golf, cart, lunch, steak dinner, refreshments and prizes. For more information, e-mail Kyle Ruane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 8 – The 15th Annual Columbus Cup Golf Outing and Bocce Tournament will take place again at Bellewood CC. The event is run by the Americans of Italian Heritage Council and features a full day of Italian music, food, wine, bocce … all wrapped around a bit of golf. Call 610-279-9220 for details.
- October 8 – The 26th Annual Jay Sigel Invitational, benefitting the Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, will take place at Aronimink Golf Club. Special guest is former PGA Tour player and television golf broadcaster Gary Koch. For more information, contact Jackie Adamczyk at 610-902-1790 or e-mail Jackie.email@example.com.
Listeners are encouraged to send information about their charity tournaments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNTP, a 50,000 watt station, is a leader in the Greater Philadelphia market and features newstalk during the day and sports programming at night, such as Penn State football and basketball, St. Joseph’s University basketball and University of Pennsylvania football. GolfTalk Live also is syndicated on WOND 1400-AM in Atlantic City and on three stations in the Lehigh Valley – ESPN 1160-AM, 1230-AM and 1320-AM.